History

The Arlington Research Station land was purchased between 1955 and 1963 to replace the Madison Hill Farms. Proceeds from the sale of the Hill Farms allowed the purchase of only a little over 2000 acres even through the original station plan estabished the need for 2500 acres.

Fourteen parcels of land were purchased to make up the station, with 113 acres located in Dane County and 1,912 in Columbia County.